Oxytetracycline hydrochloride – 10.0 g
Procaine hydrochloride – 1.0 g
Excipient up to – 100 ml
Oxytetracycline has a cid effect on both Gram negative (Aeromonas spp, Bordetella spp Haemophylus spp, Pasteurella spp, Salmonella spp, Sighella spp, Yersinia spp, Proteus spp, Pseudomonas spp) and Gram positive (Actinomyces spp, Bacillus spp, Clostridium spp, Listeria spp, Rickettsia spp, Mycoplasma spp, Spirochetes spp) and the larger viruses. It absorbs quickly, reaching in one hour the active serum concentration.
Oxytetracycline is recommended to prevent and combat the following conditions:
– To cattle in postpartum pneumonia infections, fever transmission, diphtheria calves, in other primary or secondary infections caused by pathogens sensitive to oxytetracycline;
– To sheep, lambs and goats in pneumonia, fever transmission, omphalos flebita lambs and so on;
– To pigs in pneumonia, Salmonella infections ,secondary microbial complications and so on;
– To dogs and cats in postoperative infections, lung and digestive diseases;
– To horses in pneumonia, primary and secondary infections caused by pathogens sensitive to oxytetracycline.
Method of administration and dosage:
To horses inject 5 ml for 100 kg body weight per day, intramuscularly. Treatment repeats every 24 hours.
To cattle, sheep, goats and swine, the medicine is injected intramuscularly at a dose of 5-10 ml for 100 kg body weight per day. Treatment repeats every 48 hours.
To dogs and cats the medicine is injected subcutaneously at a dose of 1-2 ml for 10 kg body weight per day. Treatment repeats every 48 hours.
WARNING! Previously, solution will heat up to 30-35 °C to facilitate administration.
Contraindications and precautions.
In determining the dose for an animal will be considered its overall condition. Intramuscular inoculation will be made in deeper layers. If you have to inoculate a larger amount of solution, preferably split the dose and inoculate at several points.
Standby time:For the animals slaughtered for meat: 28 days (horses), 15 days (cattle), 14 days (sheep), 10 days (pigs). For the production of milk for human consumption – 3 days.
Storage conditions.At temperature 18 – 20 ºC, protected from light.
Validity period. 2 years
Way of presenting. Bottles of 50 ml packed in cartons with the prospectus of use.